Improving Fundraising in a Time of Crisis
Taking care of your donors means being there for them through thick and thin. The last few months have undoubtedly been hard for everyone. The donors who still continue their communication and donations to the church should be valued. Of course, you should also strive to improve fundraising during this time.
You can always give donors your moral support, constantly upholding them in prayer, and teaching them to find peace and faith in the Lord. You must also, however, reach out to those who don’t already give during this time. Here are some main areas to look at when attempting strengthen your fundraising efforts in the middle of a crisis.
Be Attentive in Your Marketing and Communications
The non-profit sector relies heavily on marketing, but in a truly authentic way. Donors need to see their faith in action. Share testimonies of the missions, stay in touch with them, and even about the hardships and difficulties. Don’t be afraid to show that you are also anxious, but then teach them how to find comfort in the Lord and his word. Here are a few scriptures you can hold to for comfort, and share with them when the time is right.
· John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
· Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
· Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Keep Lifting Up Your Donors, Inspiring Them to Find Comfort in the Lord
Remember that the Bible does not promise us that we would be spared from hardships; rather, that the Spirit would be with us, to guide and comfort us through it. Your mission as the link between your donors and their faith is to constantly remind them where their hopes must lie.
· Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
· Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.
· Psalm 33:18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love…
Show Your Sincere Care and Loyalty To Those Who Support You
At the end of the day, those who support your work need your spiritual support more than anything. Sure, they are encouraged when the missions progress and there are tangible achievements. But they will be even more faithful and loyal if they feel that you care about them spiritually, too. Take some time to give your donors personal calls, reach out to any who are going through economic hardships, and share some Scriptures on hope with them:
· Romans 5:1 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
· John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulations. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
Be A True Leader:
If there is uncertainty for the future of your current projects, it’s ok to be honest about it. Many people are experiencing unprecedented hardships due the crisis. Many have suffered immense financial setbacks. So, they will understand if some of your projects are on hold.
However, it is still important to have transparency with your finances, and those who bless you materially. Keep them updated about the state of your projects, and let them know that you will be seeking the Lord in any new direction your church must take.
· Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
· Luke 1:79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Be A Sample of Keeping the Faith
The crisis is a test of your faith. It is also showing clearly who can guide their church members with peace. Through dark and desperate times, you have called to be a light. Use the tools at your disposal, utilize digital and online platforms, and stay true to your message of faith and hope throughout.
· Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
· 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Post-pandemic, your marketing strategies are going to have to change. You can no longer use the same methods you did in the past. Now is the time to reassess your church operations and see if there is any way to innovate. At Donorwerx, we encourage you to find a customized strategy for your donors and their needs. Through faith-based media platforms, we can help you strengthen your members spiritually, through digital tools.
Call us today to find out how to move your donors forward in this changing era, and have more recurring-givers supporting your work.