Church Software: The Ultimate Guide
Church Software: The Ultimate Guide It’s undeniable that technology has found its way into every type of organization out there, and for good reason. If…
Church Software: The Ultimate Guide
It’s undeniable that technology has found its way into every type of organization out there, and for good reason. If you’re not already employing church management software, you’re missing out on a powerful and convenient system that can help you handle accounting, donations, membership, attendance, and so much more.
Of course, there is no one-size-fits-all product. You have many options when it comes to choosing a church management software for your organization, which is why you have to understand the benefits, considerations, and costs associated with it. Fortunately, this guide will explain everything you need to know to make the right decision.
Why It’s Worth The Investment
In its simplest form, church management software helps you manage the various functions and duties on the administrative side of things. That includes tracking donations, attendance, and so on. However, when you look more closely at the specific features of church management software, you’ll really begin to see its value.
For example, DonorWERX offers these features:
- Data-Centric: If you want to understand your congregation, you have to collect and understand all the data you can. DonorWERX helps you do that by offering easily digestible analytics.
- Customized Messaging: With done-for-you campaigns, communicating with donors and potential donors has never been easier. This software helps you send the right message to the right people, and it does it at the right time.
- Accountability: You have a lot to do, which is why DonorWERX does a lot of the legwork for you. With accountability and coaching programs, you can make sure that you’re leveraging all of the tools available to your church and getting the best results.
As you can see, church management software goes beyond simple tracking features. The best software will engage you in the data you’re collecting and help you understand and apply it to your donation collection and church growth strategies.
How Much Does Church Software Cost?
With all of its capabilities in mind, one big consideration about church software is how much it actually costs. This all depends on the specific software you choose, but note that plans can range from free (for starter plans and temporary trials) to $179 per month. If you choose annual billing, you may pay up to $420 per year for certain software plans.
Some software is also offered on a one-time fee basis. Just note that this one-time fee often excludes you from future upgrades. That means you’ll have to purchase the software again if they update or change it. Also, you can purchase software with a one-time fee — but it doesn’t generally include any support or coaching. Ongoing coaching can be of major value to any organization.
Finding The Best Church Software
When it comes down to it, your best option for finding a church software for your organization is to compare. Here’s a look at the top-rated church software on the market and the key features you can expect from each.
- Church Community Builder: With a focus on building engaged communities, Church Community Builder provides volunteer scheduling, online giving, and donor management portals while enabling church administrators to build and maintain small groups within their congregations.
- CHMeetings: Built to help you manage members, groups, events, and more, CHMeetings gives you access to features such as group SMS. Its attendance tracking and other features also prove valuable in growing a bigger community.
- FellowshipOne: This is another software designed with your ministry in mind. With membership information at your fingertips, FellowshipOne helps churches put more focus on their ministry. It also opens up the lines of communication.
- DonorWERX: Is your focus on engaging your congregation in a way that encourages them? Do you want them to go beyond attendance and actually volunteer and/or donate? Then DonorWERX is the software of choice. Combined with the available coaching, DonorWERX will prove to be a powerful tool. Whether collecting more donations or growing a community in a sustainable manner, you’re covered.
Still on the fence? Reach out to DonorWERX for more information about how the right church software can empower and grow your congregation all while simplifying the administrative side of your organization.